Welcome to Washington Institute

To learn more about us, visit The Washington Institute of Natural Medicine.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Natural Arthritis Treatment

My Fight with Arthritis
Natural Medicine Helped Me
David M.
I was in my 60’s and was getting more and more pain in the knuckles of my hands.  I eventually went to see a doctor at an arthritis and rheumatism medical facility.  They showed me that I had osteoarthritis and then prescribed Celebrex.  This worked fine almost immediately but within a short span of a few months the length of help from the pills became less and less.
I went to see Dr. Victoria Goldsten, an integrative homeopath, at the Washington Institute of Natural Medicine to see about a natural remedy because of the lack of time support of the Celebrex and because of the rumors that I had heard concerning its side effects.
Dr. Goldsten gave me an herbal combination formula called joint support.  I took it conjointly with the Celebrex for one month.  The joint support in the morning and the Celebrex at bedtime.  Dr. Goldsten told me not to take them at the same time. 
After that time period I dropped the Celebrex all together and have had less pain to endure and have needed less quantity of the joint support formula. The joint support formula has vitamins and herbs in it such as zinc and sea cucumber.  It is a fantastic formula and I plan to continue using it.
After my positive experience with natural medicine I became more familiar with Dr. Goldsten’s practice and methods.  I found out that when she started in the health profession she first was educated as a nurse and then studied many natural health methods after that.  I think her background in conventional medicine causes her to be a natural practitioner that is aware of both methods in health care; therefore, she sees health care in a realistic manner.  She is not against conventional medicine but augments its care.
If you are interested in Dr. Goldsten’s care she has an Institute in Washington, D.C. with numerous other natural health care practitioners such as: massage therapists, colon hydrotherapists, energy workers, acupuncturists, reflexologists and much more.  They are a fantastic group of people. 
The Washington Institute of Natural Medicine is located at 5101 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20016.  They can be reached at (202) 686-8202 and seen on their web site at: http://www.naturalhealthdc.com/.  It is definitely worth your time to check out their facility.  Each and every practitioner has a great gift to offer.
Best wishes in you search for health care.  Good health to you.