Welcome to Washington Institute

To learn more about us, visit The Washington Institute of Natural Medicine.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Natural Head Cold Treatment

Conventional and Natural Treatment of Head Colds
Dr. Victoria Goldsten, HD
Natural Health Care Nurse
Integrative Homeopathic Doctor

During my nursing studies, I learned that there was no treatment for the cause of the common head cold for the symptoms were caused by viruses.  Tylenol was recommended for the fever aches and pains and antihistamines for the runny nose.  Once the infection turned bacterial was there a treatment for the cause and then antibiotics were given. As a nurse I thought I was doing all that I could do at the time.

Now that I have studied and personally used natural methods I have found a broad range of treatments for the common cold.  What I found was amazing and unbelievable.  It forever changed my path in health care.

The remedy treatments I am referring to are homeopthics, herbals, and therapeutic oils.  Although all not proven scientifically, through my years of study and treatment I have seen miraculous results.  The one remedy most important is the homeopathic viral nosode.  This remedy nosode is a dead virus repeatedly diluted and agitated into a homeopathic remedy.  Based upon homeopathic theory this remedy stimulates the immune system to fight the virus in a similar way as a vaccine but it is harmless to the body.  I have experienced thousands of clients’ positive reactions to this remedy as well as myself, family members, and friends.  It was impossible to ignore the overwhelming positive results.  In addition to the viral nosode I found herbs, sublingual oligo liquid zinc, and therapeutic oils very beneficial. Many times I used then in conjunction with the viral nosode remedy to intensify the treatment.

At the Washington Institute of Natural Medicine, we first examine and consult with a client to see which natural remedy will be appropriate for the client.  Upon doing so we explain the proper dosages and also focus on cleansing the toxins produced by the cold.  Many times we support the liver or kidneys while using immune remedies for the virus.

If you are interested in further information regarding the natural treatment of the common cold, please feel free to contact the Washington Institute of Natural Medicine.  

Washington Institute of Natural Medicine
5101 Wisconsin Ave., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20016

www.NaturalHealthDC.com
(202) 237-7681
(202) 686-8202