Welcome to Washington Institute

To learn more about us, visit The Washington Institute of Natural Medicine.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Natural Allergy Treatment

Allergies and Natural Treatments
Dr. Victoria Goldsten, HD
Natural Health Care Nurse
Integrative Homeopathic Doctor
When I was a child I suffered from respiratory allergies. I strongly remember when I was 12 years old how my nose was so clogged up that I could not get a drop of air through.  It was a very uncomfortable situation. In those days air conditioning was unheard of so the air was not filtered at all because the widows were open and the pollen came in freely. We would have to go to the movie theater to cool off.  I distinctly remember lying in bed feeling very hot and unable to breathe through my nose.
My mother wanted me to take an over the counter allergy pill but I could not swallow pills. I would gag when I would try.  Because of that I tried to suffer through it.  One day she crushed the pill and I took it.  It tasted bad but it helped me feel better.
That was the beginning of my long term use of decongestants and antihistamines.  As I got older and in my teens natural health care was beginning to be explored by what we called the “hippy generation.”  In the late 1960s and early 1970s health food stores started to pop up and my friends and I would frequent them for food, snacks, and books.  At that time I would explore the herbal and homeopathic aisles for natural health remedies.  What I found though trial and error was that there were certain remedies that made me feel better.  Due to this positive response I was determined to study about natural health and gradually educated myself. After high school I went to nursing school and also began to read further about alternative medicine.  Upon completion of natural health care courses I began consulting clients as a natural health care nurse and Integrative Homeopath.  I worked out of my home consulting in the off hours from my nursing job at a local hospital. What I found was extremely dramatic and beneficial for myself and for my clients. 
As natural health care became a stronger component in my life I decided to step into it full time and I opened the Washington Institute of Natural Medicine in Washington, D.C.  There I worked as a sole practitioner and then eventually added other practitioners and began to teach about the natural methods.  It became very rewarding.  Through that time I learned even more about the allergy battle and its natural treatment.
I found herbal decongestants and homeopathic desentizaton formulas.  The desentization formulas are what I call an “allergy shot in a bottle.”  Not only was I able to help myself but I was helping others in an unbelievable way.  I had one client with a severe cat allergy to the point that she was unable to live with the cats she loved.  After consulting with her I recommended liver cleansing, anti-inflammatory homeopathics, and homeopathic allerzodes.  The allerzodes are formulas that are created with low levels of allergens in it.  In her case the formula had homeopathic cat dander in it.
There are all kinds of allerzodes in homeopathy. The types of formulas you can find have tree pollen, dust, mold, animal dander, and even assorted foods in them for desentization.  With such an array of remedies I was able to help people with many types of allergies.
The Washington Institute of Natural Medicine has now grown and flourished in Washington DC.  It has expanded to a larger new location and has more treatment rooms available. We now have a larger variety of remedies and treatments to help with the allergy battle. I am proud of our accomplishments and plan to continue helping client with ailments naturally.  
Washington Institute of Natural Medicine
Dr. Victoria Goldsten, HD

5101 Wisconsin Ave., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20016

www.NaturalHealthDC.com
(202) 237-7681, (202) 686-8202

No comments: